Ever receive an iMessage that you really wanted to share with other people, but not publicly? Fortunately there’s a way to make that happen.
Similar to email, users can forward an incoming or outgoing iMessage or SMS to other contacts within the Messages app. Follow along to learn how…
iPhone: How to forward iMessages or SMS
- Open Messages.app and find the message in question you’d like to forward.
- Lightly tap and hold the message you’d like to forward. Tap More…
- Tap the arrow icon in the bottom right. Type in the contact you’d like to forward the message to.
- Tap the blue (or green for SMS) send button.
It’s useful knowing how to forward an iMessage or SMS to others. Unlike copying, which is arguably easier, forwarding a message does not clog up your clipboard.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to customize system vibrations and haptic feedback
- How to speed up the watchOS update process
- HomePod: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iOS 12: How to search song lyrics in Apple Music on iPhone & iPad
- Apple TV: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to change default search engine in Safari
- Mac: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to force quit apps