Microsoft has made its Minecraft: Education Edition available for iPad for the first time. Designed for ages K-12, the special edition features over 400 lesson plans, assessment features, and much more.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Schools will need a Microsoft 365 licensing agreement to get access to Minecraft: Education Edition, which is available from the App Store now.
Microsoft offers a slew of tutorials and other free resources on how to implement and best use the education edition in the classroom.
For teachers who aren’t sure if their school is set up to use Minecraft: Education Edition, Apple recommends getting in touch with their IT administrator.
The game’s release notes share more details about the special education edition:
DESIGNED FOR CLASSROOMS EVERYWHERE
- Designed for students of all learning styles, ages K-12 and higher education
- Supports development of key 21st century skills including STEM
- Over 400 free lessons and tutorials available on our website
- Special features allow for formative assessment, teacher controls and classroom collaboration
- Online educator community provides peer support
SPECIAL LESSONS & WORLDS
- Chemistry features allow students to build an in-game periodic table
- Update Aquatic introduces marine life to the Minecraft oceans
- Treasure Island and Roald Dahl worlds bring novels to life
- In-game features like camera, book and quill, and chalkboards help students document their work
- 3D export tool for mixed reality and 3D printing
WHAT IS MINECRAFT?
- Minecraft is so much more than just a game about breaking and placing blocks – it’s an adventure where players work together to create and explore wonderful, imaginative worlds. Now, Minecraft is transforming how people teach and learn in over 120 countries with over 100 million players worldwide.
- Minecraft: Education Edition brings the creative and immersive environment of Minecraft to classrooms around the world. Educators are empowered to use game-based learning and inspire students to express their ideas, explore and build amazing worlds and write their own stories. The possibilities for learning are endless!