The insanely popular farming RPG Stardew Valley is coming to iOS. The developer behind the hit game made the announcement in a blog post today, revealing that Stardew Valley for iOS will be available on October 24th through the App Store.
Stardew Valley creator Eric Barone says the app will cost $7.99 on the App Store, and will not include any in-app purchases. That means you get the full game for the initial purchase price, and won’t have to worry about paying for additional levels or any other content.
Barone says the version of Stardew Valley for iOS is the “full game, not a cut down version” like some PC games that come to iOS. He also notes that the main difference between the PC game and the iOS version is that it has been rebuilt for touchscreen gameplay. Perhaps most notable for those already deeply invested in Stardew Valley, PC players will be able to transfer their existing data to the iOS counterpart using iTunes.
Here is the full feature list for Stardew Valley on iOS:
- Supports iPhone and iPad gaming, just make sure to check on the App Store page whether the game is compatible with your iOS version
- It’s the full game, not a cut down version, and plays almost identically to all other versions. The main difference is that it has been rebuilt for touch-screen gameplay on iOS (new UI, menu systems and controls)
- £7.99 / $7.99 / 8,99 € with no in-app purchases
- Includes 1.3 single player content, such as the Night Market, but not Multiplayer
- PC players can transfer their save data to the iOS version via iTunes – but make sure to always back up your save data first! Mods are not supported, and any save data transferred containing mods may cause compatibility issues.
Stardew Valley has been available on other platforms since 2016 and has become an incredibly popular faming simulation role-playing game. The gist of the game is that you work to manage your character’s time as you take over your grandfather’s farm, located in Stardew Valley.
Stardew Valley for iOS is available now for pre-order, and will be released on October 24th.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.