Procreate for iPad is seeing its second major update to the app for the year today, and with it comes a slew of new features and fixes that will improve your productivity when using the app.
Today’s update brings Procreate to version 4.2, and adds improved cropping and resizing, a gallery preview, and QuickShape. QuickShape allows you to create shapes with a brush, without ever needing to leave your canvas. “Just hold the end of your stroke for perfect ellipses, arcs, circles, rectangles, triangles and more. Change the shape type, edit the major points, or just keep on painting.”
The app is also introducing Clipping Masks, which allows you to control the visibility of layers based on other layers.
There are many more new features included in this update. Procreate is available for the iPad on the App Store for $9.99.
Our second massive update for 2018 brings you essential professional features, but not as you know them. Clipping Masks, Crop, inking, and Selections have all been redesigned for multitouch and Apple Pencil, and we’ll change the way you create with the revolutionary QuickShape and explosive Liquify Dynamics.
• Cutting Edge Use the best software with the best hardware. Procreate is fully compatible with the latest iOS, and all available iPads and Apple accessories.
• QuickShape Effortlessly create shapes with any brush and without leaving your canvas. Just hold the end of your stroke for perfect ellipses, arcs, circles, rectangles, triangles and more. Change the shape type, edit the major points, or just keep on painting.
• Crop and Resize It’s never too late to find the perfect composition. Reframe the focus of your artwork with intuitive touch controls or precise numerical input.
• Clipping Masks Reimagine your workflow with the power of Clipping Masks. Control the visibility of layers based on the content of another layer for ultimate flexibility.
• Gallery Preview Showcase your artwork with Preview. Use Select mode or just pinch outward to view your artworks in full screen without opening them. Tap through your artworks, or swipe for a slideshow.
• Ink Different Specifically for comic artists and inkers, we’ve rebuilt Procreate’s stroke handling to give you precise control over the shape and size of your stroke taper. Perfect your strokes with customizable pressure curves for size and opacity, built directly into every single brush.
• Improved Selections Use the new Shape Selections to quickly isolate elliptical or rectangular areas of your artwork, and Feather any selection for a soft edge and beautiful blending.
• Liquify Dynamics Challenge your creative limits with these groundbreaking additions to Liquify. Exclusive Edge and Crystals brushes add control and spontaneity, and you can enhance any adjustment with mind-bending Distortion and Momentum.
As always we’ve also kept polishing all your favorite features, including rotation and interpolation options in Transform, Duplicate for Brush Sets, and the ability to Drag and Drop layers between canvases.
We’re still working tirelessly to bring you the features you’ve asked for and never seen before. Tell us how you feel about Procreate by leaving a review on the App Store, and stay alert for more exciting announcements.