Apple is seeding today the RC versions of tvOS 15.1 and HomePod 15.1 to developers. Here’s everything new with it.
Today’s build is 19J572. With tvOS 15.1 beta, Apple reenabled SharePlay testing. This is one of the most important features announced during the WWDC21 keynote that was postponed and it’s now launching.
With SharePlay, users are able to make a FaceTime call while listening to songs, watching movies, and TV shows. As of now, tvOS 15.1 RC is only available to developers but a public beta should arrive soon.
For HomePod 15.1 beta, which is also on its Release Candidate version, Apple will launch Lossless and Dolby Atmos support. Unfortunately, HomePod’s beta is only available to selected developers.
Apple will soon release tvOS 15.1 and HomePod 15.1 to all users.
If you didn’t update your Apple TV or HomePod to tvOS 15, here’s everything new with it:
- For All of You: Browse a new row in the Apple TV app to find something that everyone in the house can’t wait to watch.
- Shared with You: Movies and shows shared through Messages appear in a new row in the Apple TV app.
- Spatial Audio: Listen with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max for a theater-like experience with sound that surrounds you.
- Smart AirPods routing: Get an automatic onscreen notification to magically connect your AirPods.
- HomeKit camera enhancements: View multiple cameras around the house at the same time on your Apple TV.
- Room-filling stereo sound: Pair two HomePod mini speakers with Apple TV 4K and enjoy rich, balanced sound for everything you watch.
Did you discover anything new with tvOS 15.1 RC or HomePod 15.1 RC? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, @9to5Mac.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.