Apple CEO Tim Cook is now live on stage beginning the company’s special media event in California, and information about updates and numbers are flying left and right.
Here is a quick rundown:
- 5 million iPhone 5s sold during first weekend (sold out). Most iPhones ever sold opening weekend, most phones sold ever opening weekend.
- 3 million iPods sold ( new nano and touch)
- In just 1 month — 200 million devices running iOS 6. Fastest upgrade rate in history.
- 124 million docs in the cloud
- 300 billion messages sent (28,000 per second)
- 160 million game center accounts
- Shared over 70 million photos with their friends of family
- Uploaded over 700,000 apps in app store
- Over 275,000 iPad apps
- Now downloaded 35 billion apps from the store
- Paid out $6.5 billion to developers
- 2 weeks ago sold 100 millionth iPad, 100 million in just 2.5 years (sold more iPads in June than any PC manufacturer sold of their entire PC lineup)
- iPad accounts for over 90 percent of web traffic of tablets