- Full time employees went from 49,400 to 60,400. Retail was the bulk of that which went from 25.6K to 36K.
- Retail Stores up 40: 317 to 357.
- Ad spending up 35% from $691 million to $933 million.
- R&D spending up 36% to $2.4B.
- Leases 7 million square feet of building space 3 million of those are for retail.
- Apple owns 584 acres of land in various locations (including a future solar farm in North Carolina).
- Finally, Apple ended the year with $81.6B in cash, marketable securities and cash equivalents.
Much more here.
- Apple by the numbers: Figures released today at the conference call (9to5mac.com)
- Nearly one in six dollars of Apple’s revenue coming from China (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Retail chief Ron Johnson is out, becomes president of JC Penney (9to5mac.com)