Tweetbot, the Twitter app that everyone seems to be raving about, was given a hefty update this morning with a slew of new features. The app now features integration with the story curation service Storify, a new tweet detail view, support for the file sharing service Droplr, high-resolution image uploads when on Wi-Fi, a load of new gestures, and more. At this rate, it seems the Tapbots team is releasing an update for Tweetbot every few weeks. The last update added iCloud timeline sync and DM read statuses.
All of these updates are great, but I think what we are really waiting for is Tweetbot for Mac. The Tapbots team is rumored to be working on such an application, and with all the success that the iOS app has seen, we can predict the same for the Mac app. Let’s hope it lands in the near future.
You can check out the rest of the new features for version 2.3 after the break. Tweetbot is available on the App Store for $2.99.
Tweetbot for iOS (@tweetbot) April 30, 2012
– New tweet detail view with inline conversations and replies (swipe right to left on a tweet for quick access)
– New gesture in tweet detail to get back to the timeline quickly (swipe left to right)
– New conversation view now contains both the conversation and replies (swipe left to right on a tweet for quick access)
– Ability to email conversations or post a link to them via Storify when in the conversation view
– Droplr Support
– Video thumbnails now have a “play” icon to differentiate it from image thumbnails
– Timeline sync bookmark icon is now an optional setting
– Reorganized tweet drawer (last two buttons have gone through some options reorganization)
– Added thumbnail support for Vimeo links
– Higher res image uploads when on wifi
– Hold down compose tweet button to quickly open last draft
– Support for $stock links
– Improved email format when sending tweets, DMs, or conversations as email
– Arabic Localization