@9to5mac That could possibly be the fastest OS update in history.Less than 60 seconds to download, install and restart.
— Jarod Williams (@JrodWilliams) August 23, 2012
Apple just released OSX 10.8.1 Mountain Lion via Software Update. The delta update weighs a paltry 7.28MB on my Retina MacBook Pro, but your mileage may vary. Apple did not confirm reports that 10.8.1 improves battery life but many other issues appear to be resolved.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including the following fixes:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
Apple sent out alerts yesterday to the AppleSeed Program that announced Mac OS 10.8.2 testing was already underway. We received word that 10.8.2 testing focus areas include:
• Game Center