9to5Mac has once again scoured the App Store for all the latest app launches, price drops, noteworthy news, and updates, and we have compiled everything in a roundup below. Check it out, but keep coming back as we continually refresh the list throughout the day.
1. Google Coordinate | Free
Google launched its Coordinate app on the Apple App Store, but it is a mobile workforce management tool for businesses and requires a Google Coordinate license to work. Non-consumer Google account users will need iOS 5.1 or later to install it. The iOS app has an Android version, called Google Maps Coordinate, available on the Google Play Store. The iPhone version touts following features:
- Share real-time location. Google Coordinate enables easy collaboration by enabling businesses to leverage real-time location sharing in just a few clicks.
- Manage jobs. Google Coordinate makes it easy to capture all the information needed for a job and to assign them to your team members with instant notifications.
- Collect data. Google Coordinate allows the admin to customize the fields that the mobile team needs to capture and collect – from measurements to client contact details – directly in the app.
1. Angry Birds Space HD for iPad | $2.99
Version 1.4.0 is now live. Roxio gave the following update description:
The Angry Birds have landed in the weirdest galaxy yet! All the planets are filled with water, strange aquatic life and worst of all — Bad Piggies in boats! Use the unique physics of these water planets to set up some fun trick shots! Also, check out the brand-new power-ups: Flock of Birds, Space Egg, and Pig Puffer! HINT: Make sure to check how Ice Bird and Pig Puffer react to water!
The change log includes 30 new levels, an underwater boss level, three-star levels for there new bonus levels, the ability to use Flock of Birds for a pack of destruction, daily free power-ups, and Power-up specific leaderboards in addition to regular leaderboards.
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5google.com)
- AT&T sneaks in 9 new LTE markets before iPhone 5 launch, 40 more before holidays (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint’s hilarious new ‘Sharing is not Caring’ ad touts unlimited data over data sharing plans (9to5mac.com)
2. Angry Birds Space for iPhone | 99 cents
Version 1.4.0 includes the same changes added to Angry Birds Space HD for iPad.
3. Cut the Rope HD for iPad | $3.99
Version 2.1 is now live. Chillingo gave the following update description:
New Steam Box with 25 new levels, featuring a fun new way to get candy into Om Nom’s mouth – steam clouds that make candy float in the air and low-to-high pressure valves that control the amount of steam! Much like balloons, steam makes the candy rise and helps you feed the hungry green monster more candy!
4. Cut the Rope for iPhone | 99 cents
Version 2.1 includes the same changes added to Cut the Rope HD for iPad.
5. Instacast 3 | $4.99
Version 3.0.4 of this podcast app just went live with the following changes:
- Re-added ability to reorder episodes in a playlist
- Fixed crashes in conjunction with playlists
- Improved “Podlove Alternative Feeds” handling
- Removed “Auto-Delete” feature (too many accidental setups)
- Removed Archiving episodes from Smart Playlists (too confusing)
- Fixed unplayed count handling
- Improved memory consumption and overall syncing performance
- Added a syncing progress when initially setting up a new device
- Fixes French localization
- Fixed iCloud Import error handling
6. Skype for Mac | Free
Skype just released a new version of its native Mac app. Skype 6.1 for Mac now includes a click to call feature and revamped user profile view. Folks can download the new version directly from Skype.com.
1. Travelgram | 99 cents
Travelgram—an Instagram-like app that auto-adds location, date, and timestamp data to shots—just went live on the App Store yesterday. It essentially allows folks to snap pictures, add filters and styles, share to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and email, open in PhotoStudio, or even save to Camera Roll.
- Scramble With Friends | 99 cents (was $2.99)
- Need For Speed™ Undercover | 99 cents (was $2.99)
- BATTLESHIP for iPad | 99 cents (was $4.99)