This morning, Adobe announced Photoshop and Premiere Elements 12, an upgrade to their consumer photo and video editing tools for Mac and PC. A year to the day from the release of Elements 11, this release focuses on cloud organizing, sharing, syncing and editing photos and videos with Adobe Revel Cloud. New features like Content Aware Move and Auto Smart Tone for Photoshop and additional FilmLooks and Subject Spotlight for Premiere headline the updates.
What’s New in Photoshop Elements 12:
Photoshop Elements 12 gives you new options for perfecting and sharing your favorite memories with friends and family. Organize, edit, enhance, and share more quickly and easily thanks to bold icons, a helpful Action bar, and the ability to choose from Quick, Guided, or Expert editing modes so you can edit your photos the way that works best for you.
- Take your photos with you wherever you go: Easily view, relive, and share your Elements photos on your smartphone and tablet. And finally—unlock the photos from your mobile device, and see them in your Elements albums back at home.
- Share: Quickly and easily post on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, and more. Share your Elements photos in Private Web albums, and view them on your smartphone or tablet.
- Easily move objects: Move objects in a photo and have the background automatically filled in with Content Aware Move.
- Add your personal touch in an instant: Use one-touch Frames, Effects, and Textures to add depth to your snapshots.
- Correct pet eye: Remove green, yellow, and other “pet eye” discolorations as easily as you remove red-eye in photos of people.
- Make it uniquely yours: Get intelligent photo corrections with Auto Smart Tone, which learns your preferences in a snap.
New in Premiere Elements 12:
Premiere Elements 12 gives you all the tools you need to capture your memories in stunning works of art. Use special effects and in-app guidance to create entertaining movies that will really “wow” your family and friends!
- Take your videos with you wherever you go: Just like in Photoshop Elements 12, you can view, relive, and share your Elements videos on your smartphone or tablet.
- Learn as you use: Use Guided Edits to learn advanced editing techniques with built-in video tutorials. Build your moviemaking savvy in no time.
- Get Hollywood effects and styles: Discover more FilmLooks (Comic, Trinity, Yesteryear, Cross Process) to add Hollywood effects and styles to your movies.
- Add music to your movies: Enhance your video with over 50 musical scores. Use over 250 sound effects to add depth and drama to your movies.
- Spotlight your subject: Add graphics, text, and effects that move with your subject with the help of Motion Tracking.
- Share your stories: Make your debut by uploading your finished movies to Vimeo, YouTube, or your personal website. Premiere Elements 12 will optimize and format your movie for specific destinations, so your movies will always look great!
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 & Premiere Elements 11 bundle: $85 shipped (Reg. $150) (9to5toys.com)
- Adobe passes one million Creative Cloud subscribers, debuts Photoshop Photography Program (9to5mac.com)
- Photoshop CC update brings open source ‘Adobe Generator’ tool for real-time image asset generation (9to5mac.com)