- iPhones have the same specs as laptops had about 5 years ago.
- They can do most of the things a full computer can
- They are as functional as UMPCs which are tallied in the total.
- They are used in much the same way as computers, replacing computers much of the time for people on the move
- Unsubsidized cost? I’d venture to bet 50% of Dell and HP machines are less expensive that unsubidized iPhones
- Some pretty smart people say they are computers
If you do count iPhones and iPod touches…you get a whole new ball game. That three million computer lead that HP and Dell have on Apple starts to shrink. Apple sold a million iPhones last week. iPods are also flying off the shelves and with the 2.0 software, they do Exchange, Cisco VPN, Office apps, IM, and have 1000 3rd party apps waiting for them. That is a pretty good computer platform if you ask us!
As these things converge with computers, Apples marketshare should explode!