Apple released two separate software updates today. The first is a firmware update for Time Capsule and Airport Base Station devices, and the second is an update for Final Cut Pro, Apple’s professional video editing software.
The wireless base station firmware update addresses the following issues:
- Fixes some problems with extending and maintaining connectivity with extended networks.
- Fixes an issue with clients that enable 802.11 "Power Save".
- Fixes connectivity issues with some third-party devices.
- Fixes an issue when the base station is configured for PPPoE.
- Fixes some Back To My Mac issues with connectivity and support for third-party routers.
- It is recommended that AirPort Utility 5.4.2 or later be installed before upgrading to Firmware version 7.4.2.
The Final Cut Pro update addresses a problem with real-time playback on Mac Pros and Xserves released earlier this year.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.