I am a long time reader of the IHT which is one of the best sources out there for international news. Today they’ve released the IHT app for iPhone and more importantly, iPad. The application is currently free and so is the content with registration. At some point early next year, they will start charging a fee.
More screenies and description below:
From Paris, Hong Kong and New York, the International Herald Tribune app for iPad provides a fresh and original take on the world’s daily news. Drawing on its global news gathering operation with The New York Times, the IHT selects the international news, business, culture, style, sports and opinion articles that tell you what is happening around the world and what it means.
• World news articles are fully refreshed for the Europe and Asia mornings, and the app includes a Latest News section from global.nytimes.com to keep you updated on the breaking stories that matter throughout the day.
• The comprehensive Business with Reuters section provides market and company news and analysis, and helps you connect the dots in global finance and economics.
• Heavy-hitting columnists like Roger Cohen, Thomas L. Friedman and Nobel prize-winner Paul Krugman appear alongside a revolving cast of influential and provocative global thinkers in the must-read Views section.
• Culture & Style takes you to fascinating corners of the international art, film, theater, design, music and literature worlds, and Suzy Menkes offers unrivaled coverage of fashion, from the catwalks of Europe to the shopping malls of Brazil.
• Soccer, golf, tennis, Formula One racing, rugby, cricket, baseball, football and athletics are all there in the world Sports section, along with the passionate and insightful journalism of Rob Hughes and Christopher Clarey.
• The Day in Pictures slideshow beautifully captures the human angle to the day’s events with photography from around the world,and the Video section includes the best international videos from global.nytimes.com
• A handy World Weather tool, with five-day forecasts, satellite maps and an extensive choice of locations around the globe, ensures that international travelers stay one step ahead of the elements, wherever they go.
The app is free until early 2011. To get unlimited access to all sections, simply register when prompted within the app.