Apple has just updated iPhoto to version 9.1.1 and the update includes some enhanced photo emailing features, bug fixes, and overall stability improvements. You can now email photos through apps besides the Mac’s included mail application and you can also use two new photo email themes: “Classic and Journal.”
This update adds new email options to iPhoto ’11. It also improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues. Specific fixes include:
- Adds a preference allowing photos to be emailed using an external email application
- Adds “Classic” and “Journal” themes to email.
- Photos attached to an email can now be sized to Small, Medium or Large
- Improves reliability when upgrading a library from an earlier version of iPhoto
- iPhoto now correctly preserves the sort order of Events after upgrading a library
- Event titles displayed in headers can now be edited in Photos view
- Addresses a problem that could cause duplicate photos to be added to a MobileMe album
- Scrolling overlay now correctly displays ratings when photos are sorted by rating
- Photos are now sorted correctly when a rating is changed and photos are sorted by rating
- Fixes a problem that could cause text formatting controls to become inaccessible when editing a calendar
The update is recommended for all users of iPhoto ’11.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.