Remember when we discovered that the iPad 2 glass was about 27% thinner than iPad 1? The natural assumption was that the iPad 2 would be weaker than iPad 1 when it came to its glass front end. The iPhone repair experts at iFixyouri wanted to test that theory…
It turns out that the iPad 2 glass is just as strong as the original iPad’s glass and because it is is a bit more flexible has more bending tolerances. To quote the guy not wearing gloves:
“That glass was redonkulously strong!”
There you have it.
The experiments at their Boston iPhone repair shop included multiple drop tests with various items. Nothing broke the glass.
- iPad 2 weight savings: 75 percent is glass/LCD (9to5mac.com)
- iFixit: iPad 2 glass is 27 percent thinner (9to5mac.com)
- iPad 2 is almost all battery (9to5mac.com)
- Exclusive: iPad 2 screen, fresh from China (9to5mac.com)
- iPad 2 review roundup, notes of interest (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.