Vimeo, one of the first video sharing sites to support HTML5 video alongside YouTube, has finally released its official iOS application. The free Vimeo app lets you upload, manage and watch your Vimeo clips, as well as the videos based on your personal preferences or Vimeo’s curated channels.
You can upload your raw footage in HD or SD to the cloud or download Vimeo clips to the camera roll. More features in iTunes release notes below the fold. And now a shocker: The app packs in a simple video editor that lets you record, trim, combine and edit your clips with transitions, titles and effects plus background music and recordings with control volume levels.
Advanced Vimeo capabilities are supported as well, allowing you to edit a bunch of metadata, share clips via social networks, like, comment and add videos to your Watch Later queue.
In short, it’s the whole widget in a pocket-sized format – and they’re already promising future updates with more features, music and effects.
The 20MB download requires iOS 4.0.1 or later and is compatible with the iPhone 3GS and 4, fourth-gen iPod touch and iPad 2. Unfortunatelly, we couldn’t find out at press time anything about iPad 1 compatibility.
- capture video with focus control and grid alignment
- combine, edit, and trim your videos
- add transitions, titles, and effects
- add music and recordings
- control volume levels
- save edited videos to your camera roll or upload directly to Vimeo
- watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- easily upload your raw footage or edited creations in HD or SD
- pause and resume uploads
- replace existing videos
- edit title, description, tags, privacy and credits
- share with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email or SMS
- add your clips to your Groups, Channels and Albums
- stats on daily plays, likes and comments
- watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- easily like, comment and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- discover new and interesting videos in the Browse tab
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.