Of course version 5.1.1 also includes the a number of fixes and overall stability improvements. You can check out everything included in the update in the support document after the break.
Safari 5.1.1 also contains various fixes and improvements to performance, stability, usability, compatibility, accessibility and security, including fixes that:
- Address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage
- Improve stability when using Find, dragging tabs, and managing extensions
- Improve stability for netflix.com and other websites that use the Silverlight plug-in
- Add a Show Downloads item to the View menu
- Improve the consistency of the pinch to zoom gesture
- Address issues in full screen that affected search suggestions, URL updating, window sizing, and the title bar
- Address an issue that could prevent East Asian character input into webpages with Flash content
- Address an issue that could cause Safari to open links in windows instead of tabs
- Improve PDF handling
- Address an issue that could affect cookie and data deletion
- Address an issue that could cause History items to appear incorrectly
- Correct the text in application download alerts
- Improve compatibility with webpages with Flash video embedded from vimeo.com and other websites
- Improve printing from Safari
- Address an issue that could prevent the Google Safe Browsing Service from updating
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.