- Full time employees went from 49,400 to 60,400. Retail was the bulk of that which went from 25.6K to 36K.
- Retail Stores up 40: 317 to 357.
- Ad spending up 35% from $691 million to $933 million.
- R&D spending up 36% to $2.4B.
- Leases 7 million square feet of building space 3 million of those are for retail.
- Apple owns 584 acres of land in various locations (including a future solar farm in North Carolina).
- Finally, Apple ended the year with $81.6B in cash, marketable securities and cash equivalents.
Much more here.
- Apple by the numbers: Figures released today at the conference call (9to5mac.com)
- Nearly one in six dollars of Apple’s revenue coming from China (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Retail chief Ron Johnson is out, becomes president of JC Penney (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel