Apple issues its 10-K report with the SEC at the end of every fiscal year and this year’s (via MacRumors, TNW) is full of growth. Numbers grew across the board from the end of fiscal 2010 to 2011:
- Full time employees went from 49,400 to 60,400. Retail was the bulk of that which went from 25.6K to 36K.
- Retail Stores up 40: 317 to 357.
- Ad spending up 35% from $691 million to $933 million.
- R&D spending up 36% to $2.4B.
- Leases 7 million square feet of building space 3 million of those are for retail.
- Apple owns 584 acres of land in various locations (including a future solar farm in North Carolina).
- Finally, Apple ended the year with $81.6B in cash, marketable securities and cash equivalents.
Much more here.
- Apple by the numbers: Figures released today at the conference call (9to5mac.com)
- Nearly one in six dollars of Apple’s revenue coming from China (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Retail chief Ron Johnson is out, becomes president of JC Penney (9to5mac.com)