As the rumored early 2012 iPad 3 release draws closer, Cydia Blog discovered a part for the iPad 3 on TVC Mall’s website. What you see above is apparently a replacement part for the microphone on the iPad 3, and shows some pretty major changes compared to the iPad 2’s microphone — namely the shape. The apparent dock connector and ribbon cable for the iPad 3 also leaked this summer. Cydia Blog reports:
The new part, when compared with iPad 2, shows a different arrangement in internal circuitry, hinting a major re-design. The tail end of the part makes a “U-turn”, whereas the iPad 2′s Microphone Mic Flex Cable makes almost 90-degree turn both ways. Except for few details, the leaked part so far doesn’t offer a tantalizing tease.
The iPad 3 is rumored to launch early 2012 — maybe February — with a rumored higher res display and thicker form-factor. Other specs are rumored to be a dual-mode wireless chip for both CDMA and GSM, Apple’s A6 processor, and more RAM. Citi’s analyst Richard Gardner says he’s heard from sources that a February launch is coming, but some have pointed to mid-summer. The updated mic form-factor above could point to pretty major internal changes. It should be worth noting, however, that manufacturer replacement parts aren’t always in the final version. (via MacRumors)
- Top Google searches in 2011: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Steve Jobs and yes – Rebecca Black (9to5mac.com)
- What the world searched for in 2011: Steve Jobs, Sai Baba, iPad 3, iPhone 5, Rebecca Black and more (9to5google.com)
- Citi: Next-gen iPad to launch in February with Retina display (9to5mac.com)
- Zero 8 Skin Case for iPad 2 for $19 + $4 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- Acase Leather Flip Book Jacket for iPad 2 for $6 + $5 s&h (9to5toys.com)