Apple just released Mac OS 10.7.3 via Software update and manual download. Apple released some peripheral downloads today as well:
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.5.2 Client, Release Notes
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Server), Release Notes
- Server Admin Tools 10.7.3, Release Notes
- Security Update 2012-001 Server (Snow Leopard), Release Notes
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Server) Combo, Release Notes
- Security Update 2012-001 (Snow Leopard), Release Notes
Release notes are as follows:
Updating your system
You should back up your system before installation; you can use Time Machine.
Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system. You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modiﬁcations installed, or if you’ve modiﬁed the operating system through other means.
Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu to check for the latest Apple software via the Internet, including this update.
Other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. Note that an update’s size may vary from computer-to-computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others, so you should run Software Update until Software Updates states “Your software is up to date”.
You can manually download the update installer. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. These versions of the standalone installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.
The OS X Lion v10.7.3 Update includes Safari 5.1.3 and fixes that:
- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
- Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
- Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
- Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
- Address an issue that may prevent Safari from opening before joining a wireless network
- Fix a potential issue authenticating to an SMB DFS share
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital camerasDirectory Services
- Improve binding to read-only Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Improve binding and login speed for Active Directory users in a domain whose name ends in “.local”
- Improve reliability of Dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates by Active Directory clients
- Allow login with an Active Directory username that contains a space
- Improve compatibility with Active Directory schemas that have been extended with the “apple-user-homeDirectory” and “apple-user-homeurl” attributes
- Fix home directory Dock item for Active Directory users with mobile accounts
- Allow NIS users with MD5-hashed passwords to log in
For information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
- Mac OS X 10.7.3 beta build 11D33 goes out to testers ahead of public release (9to5mac.com)
- Mac OS X finally gets ZFS support thanks to former Apple engineer (9to5mac.com)
- Apple updates AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware, new iOS-like Airport Utility (9to5mac.com)
- Apple releases OS X Lion 10.7.3 build 11D46 with no known issues ahead of public release (9to5mac.com)
- Apple seeds OS X Lion 10.7.3 build 11D50 to developers (9to5mac.com)