As the market just begins to open today, Apple’s market cap crossed the $600 billion threshold. Today’s accomplishment comes just a month after the company hit the $500 billion threshold. The market overall is down.
To compare, Microsoft holds the record for the highest market cap ever of $619 billion in 2000 (over $800 billion in today’s dollars). At the time of this writing, Microsoft is sitting at a $250 billion market cap. If some analysts are to be believed, the AAPL train will keep rolling to a $1 trillion market cap in the coming years.
Apple now dwarfs the No. 2 company, Exxon, by a comfortable $200 billion. We are looking forward to April 24 when Apple will talk Q2 2012 numbers.
- Bullish analysts make the case for AAPL hitting $1 Trillion market cap on $1000+ share price (9to5mac.com)
- Apple passed $400B market cap briefly today, set all-time company high of $431 a share (9to5mac.com)
- AAPL crosses 500 per share… for the first time (9to5mac.com)
- iPad 3 press invite and favorable market push AAPL toward half a trillion market cap (9to5mac.com)
- AAPL passes 10% of all of NASDAQ value as analysts target half a trillion dollar valuation (9to5mac.com)