Apple executives are now live on stage at the Yerba Buena Arts Center in California, where the company just began discussing a few big updates to iTunes and the App Store.
“Let’s talk about iTunes. It’s the #1 music store in the world…I’m happy to report that the store is available in 63 countries around the world,” announced Apple Internet Software and Services Senior Vice President Eddy Cue. “But over the last couple of years there’s been a trend; more than two-thirds of downloads come from iOS.”
New App Store design for iOS devices:
- Facebook “Likes” integrated
- Preview while browsing
- Improved performance, search results
- Complete redesign
- “Dramatically simplified”
- Click on an album and it expands in place
- New “in the store” feature so users can see top songs and albums
- Browse library by artist
- Artist has the ability to share photos with users in their library
- Split screen view to see full library when adding songs to playlists
- New mini-player design—allows users to manage playlists and upcoming songs
- iCloud built-in
- Get more details at Apple’s website.
So…iOS 6 roll outs Sept. 19, but the new iTunes is available in late October.
A full gallery is below.
- Apple iPhone 5, iTunes 11, and new iPod event Liveblog (9to5mac.com)
- Apple unveils new EarPods, comes with new iPod touch, iPod nano, and iPhone 5 (9to5mac.com)
- Apple unveils fifth-generation iPod touch: ‘The best iPods we’ve ever done’ (9to5mac.com)
- iPod nano updated with larger 2.5-inch display, Bluetooth, Home button, and Lightning connector (9to5mac.com)
- Full list of carriers supporting LTE for iPhone 5 (9to5mac.com)
More related articles:
- Newly redesigned iTunes and App Store, new iTunes available in October (9to5mac.com)
- iPhone 5 preorders start Sept. 14 for $199, $299, $399, ships in 9 countries on Sept. 21 (9to5mac.com)
- Apple unveils Lightning connector and cables (as expected) (9to5mac.com)
- Apple by the numbers: 400m iOS devices, 7 million Mountain Lion upgrades, 17 million iPads last quarter, more (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.