9to5Mac once again gathered the most noteworthy apps that announced news, launched, updated, or went on sale recently and added them in our usual roundup below.
Today’s selection includes an update to a popular alternative Web browser, iPhone 5 optimization for photo-editing app, a new travel-companion app, etc., and many app price drops. Keep checking back for more, though, as we continually update this list throughout the day.
1. FlyNRate | Free According to the app’s description on the App Store, FlyNRate is “the best travel companion you will ever have on your iPhone and iPad, whether you travel a lot for business or just because you can.” The free app essentially gives users access to the FlyNRate travel community, and it further helps to track flights, rate experiences, and share travel information with friends.
Check out more below.
- iPhone 5 beats Galaxy S III in Web traffic (9to5Mac)
- Fix dings/scratches on your iPhone 5 with $99 original rear panel replacement (9to5Mac)
- How durable is the iPhone 5? First drop and durability tests (9to5Mac)
- Top 10 craziest iPhone 5 durability test videos (9to5Mac)
- Apple updates Apple Store iOS app with Passbook-compatible gift cards (9to5Mac)
More Just Released:
2. Python 3.2 | 99 cents Python 3.2 for iOS is, according to the app’s description on the App Store, a “Python 3.2.3 development environment for the iOS.” The app features an interactive interpreter, separate tab for writing and testing script files, complete Python documentation, and the ability to import saved scripts, automatic indent, and save interpreter session as a script file. It is also optimized for both Portrait and Landscape orientations, and all standard modules are included.
1. Puffin Web Browser| $2.99 This premium web browser of the Puffin family pushed out version 2.3.3 last night. The update includes many new features, such as: a Flash engine that improves Flash display smoothly and battery life, a virtual GamePad to simulate arrow keys and buttons, and the ability to scroll to top/bottom button for fast scroll to end. The latest version also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
2. AmericanAirlines | Free Version 2.0.0 landed today for this airliner’s official app, and it includes:
- A whole new look for iPad that supports full rotation of screens
- Try our new trivia game on the iPad app (you can even play in-flight!)
- Boarding time is now available on the Passbook boarding pass
- Various bug fixes
3. Over | Sale: 99 cents (was $1.99) The simple yet pretty-looking app that lets folks add text to their photos and then share them just became optimized for iPhone 5 in version 1.1.2. The change log also includes the ability to send affordable postcards right from the app, a slightly updated user interface, and an option to tag Instagram photos with #bestofOver to win a spot in Over’s showcase.
4. Manilla | Free This bills and account manager app announced in a press release today that it is pushing out an update just in time for the holiday season. The latest version includes new page designs, a help button, and “overall enhancements to functionality and design, making it easier than ever to manage accounts with Manilla.” The update is not yet live.
5. Mindjet | Free This management and planning workflow app just pushed out version 2.0 and announced it is “redesigned from the ground up!”
News: 1. Four years on, almost 1M apps have been built for iOS App discovery service AppsFire revealed today that 1 million apps have now been built for iOS. During the iPhone 5 launch event in late-September, Apple CEO Tim Cook said the average customer now uses over 100 apps: “It’s been an absolute revolution. It’s phenomenal. Together with the incredible products, these have helped us achieve an incredible milestone.” Get the full report at 9to5Mac.
iOS App Price Drops
- The Sims 3 | $2.99 (was $4.99)
- Cut the Rope HD for iPad | $1.99 (was $3.99)
- NBA JAM by EA SPORTS™ for iPad | 99 cents (was $4.99)
- Over | 99 cents (was $1.99)
- Asphalt 7: Heat | Free (was 99 cents)
- Pitfall | Free (was 99 cents)
- MacLegion Holiday Bundle | 10 apps for $50
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.