9to5Mac once again scoured the App Store for the most notable apps that launched, updated, or announced news recently and gathered them in our usual list below.
Today’s crop includes a new app about Robots, iPhone 5 support for an Adobe app, milestone news from a QR-code reader, and more. Keep checking the roundup, as we continually update throughout the day.
1. Robots for iPad | $4.99 This comprehensive guide to everything robot-related is getting much press today, but the concept is simple: a fluid, interactive reference app that features photographs, videos, facts, favoring options, etc., for over 120 actual robots. The app even features Furby and allows users to rate all robots on a scale that goes from “Creepy” to “Nice”. While it will not appeal to non-robot geeks, Robots for iPad is a unique offering from the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers and its award-winning technology magazine, IEEE Spectrum.
1. Adobe Ideas | $9.99 Adobe’s digital sketchbook for vectors launched version 2.5 recently with new and improved tools for drawing, coloring, and managing layers. The update also now supports iPhone 5, iOS 6, and iPad Mini.
Get more below.
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage and promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5google.com)
- AT&T sneaks in 9 new LTE markets before iPhone 5 launch, with 40 more before holidays (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage and promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint’s hilarious new ‘Sharing is not Caring’ advertisement touts unlimited data over data sharing plans (9to5mac.com)
3. TuneIn Radio Pro | 99 cents The pro version of the popular TuneIn Radio app pushed out version 3.0.1 recently with a slew of improvements, such as a better seek and playing experience, high-resolution artwork, and the ability to schedule recordings, but it also announced that most college football bowl games, including the National Championship Game, are available.
4. Rdio | Free Rdio, a streaming unlimited music service, just launched version 2.0.0, and the update’s full changelog includes:
- Unified Player. Sync your Queue and what you’re currently listening to across all your devices.
- New Design. A clean, white interface and sliding side navigation that’s accessible throughout the app.
- Remote Control. Control Rdio apps on other devices.
5. Pocket for Mac | Free The Mac app that lets users find something on the web and view it later just launched version 1.1.0. The update includes many new features, such as: native support of Twitter and Facebook in Mountain Lion, support for multiple Twitter accounts in Mountain Lion, rebuilt Evernote sharing, additional keyboard shortcuts, and more. The latest version also features many fixes.
6. Tweetdeck for Mac | Free Version 2.1.0 rolled out yesterday with support for Twitter photo and player cards and the ability to edit search column query in column options. New keyboard commands, such as ‘n’ on keyboard to open a new Tweet and ‘Cmd+Enter’ to send a Tweet, were also included, along with bug fixes for profiles, Retina displays, and 70 other improvements.
7. Yelp | Free Yelp just pushed out version 6.4.0 with the following changelog:
- The search location autocompletes as you type. You no longer need to remember how to correctly spell “Albuquerque”.
- On the iPhone app, you can now learn more about a business’ specialties and history directly from the business owner. If you’re a business owner and haven’t yet provided this information, you can do so for free from biz.yelp.com.
- We’re showing updated reviews on iPhone.
- Bug fixes and other improvements
1. Scan | Free Scan, the self-dubbed ” fastest and most user-friendly QR reader and barcode scanner available,” just announced it reached 25 million downloads. Also, in the announcement, Scan recapped last week’s update to version 2.0 that included a refreshed UI, support for iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, and one-click login for social networks.
2. ARC Squadron | $2.99 This iOS game launched version 1.2 yesterday, but the developer issued a warning about the apparently plagued update today:
****WARNING PLEASE READ!!!**** We have a number of reports that this update may cause your save game to be lost including in-app purchases. We are working to resolve this issue ASAP. If you are concerned about losing your existing progress/IAP you may wish to wait for the fix.
- Checkmark | 99 cents (was $2.99)
- PocketCloud Remote Desktop Pro – RDP / VNC / View | $8.99 (was $14.99)
- Postr for Tumblr | Free (was $2.99)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.