9to5Mac has once again scoured the App Store for all the latest app launches, price drops, noteworthy news, and updates, and we have compiled everything in a roundup below. Check it out, but keep coming back as we continually refresh the list throughout the day.
1. Netflix | Free Netflix and Warner Bros. Television Group today announced a licensing agreement today that allows U.S. Netflix members to get access to eight shows, as well as potential future shows, produced by Warner Bros:
Among the shows coming to Netflix next year will be “Revolution,” a drama for NBC from J.J. Abrams ‘ Bad Robot Productions set in a post-apocalyptic America which ranks as the #1 new series of the 2012–13 television season; “Political Animals,” the USA Network miniseries with Sigourney Weaver in a Golden Globe– and Screen Actors Guild Award–nominated role as a former First Lady serving as Secretary of State; “Longmire,” A&E’s top-rated Western mystery series based on the novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson ; and “666 Park Avenue,” the ABC supernatural thriller starring Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams.
Get all the details in Netflix’s press release.
More apps and updates are below.
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5google.com)
- AT&T sneaks in 9 new LTE markets before iPhone 5 launch, 40 more before holidays (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint’s hilarious new ‘Sharing is not Caring’ ad touts unlimited data over data sharing plans (9to5mac.com)
1. iHeartAuto and iHeart Radio | Free
iHeartRadio announced today that it is launching an iHeartAuto service today and adding its original app to upcoming GM and Chrysler vehicles (image below via The Verge). The new iHeartAuto service will allow users to create custom stations and more while driving:
iHeartAuto launches today with support for select aftermarket auto entertainment products. Beginning this year, iHeartRadio will be available in-dash on select Chrysler Group vehicles equipped with Uconnect Access Via Mobile, the company’s suite of sensible connectivity features. Once a user connects their compatible Apple or Android smartphone with the Chrysler Uconnect Access App, drivers can control and personalize their iHeartRadio listening experience directly through the dashboard touch screen, allowing easy access for in-vehicle enjoyment of iHeartRadio.
Get all the details in iHeart’s press release. Along with the iHeartAuto news for today, iHeart Radio updated to version 4.6.0. The full changelog includes:
- ALARM CLOCK: Wake up listening to your favorite station.
- PERFECT FOR: Find a station perfect for any activity, mood or situation.
- STREAMING IMPROVEMENTS: Improved streaming efficiency and consistency.
1. eBay | Free : Version 2.7.0 just launched and features a new listing flow that makes it faster and easier to sell with category, pricing and shipping guidance, improved photo flow with more editing tools, and the ability to save multiple listing drafts and finish and start listings on the phone or the web. The full changelog further includes:
- Speedier checkout
- Search enhancements
- Bug fixes and improvements
2. Amateur Surgeon | $2.99 Version 1.1.14 went live today and removed OpenFeint. It also resolved iOS 6.0 issues.
3. PicFrame | 99 cents Version 6.1 now offers iPhone 5 support. The update also Added four more frames, and the changelog noted sharing non-square PicFrame images to Instagram are “padded to display the full PicFrame image.”
4. Dropbox | Free Version 2.0.1 adds bug fixes and performance improvements to the shiny new design that recently launched.
5. Backgammon HD | $2.99 Version 3.1.2 made the dice now bigger on the iPad. It also included several bug fixes based on customer feedback.
6. MONOPOLY | 99 cents Version 2.2.25 is now enhanced for iPhone 5. The update also included behind-the-scenes fixes to “keep everything running smoothly.”