9to5Mac has once again scoured the App Store for all the latest app launches, price drops, noteworthy news, and updates, and we have compiled everything in a roundup below. Check it out, but keep coming back as we continually refresh the list throughout the day.
1. NRA: Practice Range | Free The National Rifle Association released this 3D shooting game yesterday that allows users to target practice with access to safety, training, and education tips. A few of the game’s main features include:
- Read up on critical safety and training tips!
- Get the latest news and legislation updates!
- Know your rights from state to state!
- Always stay informed!
- 9 firearms
- 3 immersive shooting ranges
- 3 distinct difficult levels
- Analog & Gyroscope game controls
- Game Center integration
2. Inaugural 2013 | Free The Presidential Inaugural Committee has launched the first-ever inauguration app for President Barack Obama’s second term swearing-in slated for later this month. AT&T developed the app for iPhone and Android, and both versions of the app will host a live stream of the inauguration on Jan. 21. It also offers other inauguration-related goodies, such as finding nearby events and social features, to keep users busy until the big day. (For those interested: Inaugural 2013 for Android on Google Play)
1. N.O.V.A. 3 – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance | $6.99 Version 1.0.3 of this sci-fi FPS franchise launched this morning to make the app optimized for iPhone 5, iPad mini, and iPad with Retina display. The update also includes minor bug fixes.
More apps and updates below.
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5google.com)
- AT&T sneaks in 9 new LTE markets before iPhone 5 launch, 40 more before holidays (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint’s hilarious new ‘Sharing is not Caring’ ad touts unlimited data over data sharing plans (9to5mac.com)
2. Pocket Informant Pro | $14.99 Version 2.62 of this calendar and tasks productivity app hit today and includes “minor improvements and fixes to recurring events, time zone changes, iOS event handling, sync, and a few UI improvements.”
3. Pocket Informant | $9.99 Version 2.62 of this calendar and tasks productivity app features the same updates as the Pro version.
4. ITV Player | Free Version 2.2 of this live stream app for ITV went live yesterday to bring it up to speed with the same look and feel of the channel’s new branding.
5. Foursquare | Free Version 5.4.1 of this place-finding app launched over the weekend. The change log includes the following description of the update:
When you’re looking for a place to go, a recommendation from a friend is way more useful than a long review from a stranger. In this version, we made it even easier to add friends. So you don’t have to call all your local buddies when you want to remember the name of that amazing Chinese restaurant that somebody mentioned a few weeks back (It was Fu Run! Get the lamb chops and caramelized taro cubes!). To find and invite friends on Foursquare, just go to your settings on your profile tab and tap “Find Friends.”
- Trainyard | 99 cents (was $2.99)
- Running Dead | Free (was 99 cents)
- Dead Space™ | 99 cents (was $6.99)
- The Sims 3 | $1.99 (was $6.99)
- RISK™: The Official Game for iPad | 99 cents (was $6.99)
- City Maps 2Go | 99 cents (was $1.99)