Belkin today announced that it is launching a new TV receiver for iPhone and iPad specifically designed to work with the Dyle Mobile TV service which provides live local broadcasts through a growing number of accessories for mobile devices. We’ve already seen some Dyle TV receivers for iPad, like this one from Elgato, as well as the technology baked into select Android devices on MetroPCS, but Belkin is the first big name iOS accessory maker to launch a receiver for iPhone and iPad.
For now, Belkin is making a 30-pin version of the receiver available:
Weighing less than six ounces and less than half the size of a deck of cards, the Belkin receiver with Dyle mobile TV is a compact and portable accessory that easily fits into a pocket or small purse. To enable, simply plug the accessory into the iPhone or iPad’s 30-pin connector, extend the flexible titanium antenna for maximum reception coverage and launch the Dyle TV app, currently available for free in the App Store.
The free Dyle TV service is currently available to 37 major markets across the US. You can check out a full coverage map to see what networks are available in your area here.
Belkin’s Dyle TV receiver will sell for $129 starting today through Belkin’s website and later hit other retailers such as Amazon.
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
- Access to live, local broadcast TV on your iPad or iPhone
- No Wi-Fi or mobile data plan required to watch live TV
- Dyle mobile TV service that broadcasts using the ATSC-M/H standard
- Extendable titanium antenna for better signal quality
- Compatibility with iPhone 4/4s, iPad, iPad 2 and iPad 3rd Generation
- 30-pin connector pass-through micro USB port allows for charging of iOS devices while content is playing (charger and USB cable sold separately)
- Neoprene carrying case