A Harris poll of almost 40,000 American consumers on more than 1,500 brands across 155 categories saw Apple retain Brand of the Year in three categories.
- 2013 Computer Brand of the Year
- 2013 Tablet Brand of the Year
- 2013 Mobile Phone Brand of the Year
What really stands out is that in all three of the categories Apple brands are measured – Computer, Tablet and Mobile Phone – its Brand Momentum scores are in the top 30 of all 1,500 brands evaluated in the study, showing that consumers see this as a brand of the future.
The poll asks consumers to rate brands on Familiarity, Quality, Purchase Consideration, Emotion, Fit, Trust, Performance, Energy, Ubiquity, Future Outlook, Leadership and Popularity.
The top four brands in each of the three categories were:
1 Apple Computers – 2013 Computer Brand of the Year 2 Hewlett-Packard (HP) Computers 3 Dell Computers 4 Sony Computers
1 Apple iPad Series – 2013 Tablet Brand of the Year 2 Kindle Fire Series 3 Google Nexus Series 4 Samsung Galaxy Series
1 Apple iPhone – 2013 Mobile Phone Brand of the Year 2 HTC Phone 3 Samsung Phone 4 LG Phone
The ratings may provide some comfort for those who feared Apple’s enviable brand popularity would suffer post-Steve.
- Apple hires former YSL CEO Paul Deneve to work on special projects under Tim Cook (9to5mac.com)
- Apple files for ‘iWatch’ trademark in Japan for watch/handheld product (9to5mac.com)
- iWatch’s novelty emerges as Apple taps sensor and fitness experts (9to5mac.com)
- Apple reports $35.3b revenue for Q3 2013: 31.2m iPhones, 14.6m iPads, 3.8m Macs (9to5mac.com)
- Tim Cook heralds sweeping iPhone sales push to Apple retail leadership (9to5mac.com)
- Apple releases major ‘Logic Pro X’ & MainStage 3 updates in Mac App Store (9to5mac.com)
- As part of iPhone sales push, Apple Store app to be redesigned & gain free iTunes content (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.