(Click for full size)
Earlier this month we posted a concept from Curved.de that showed its take on what new Apple TV hardware might look like accompanied by a touchscreen iPod-like remote. Today the site is back with another concept, this time for the much rumored larger iPad sporting a 12.9-inch display.
The site didn’t just pull the idea out of thin air, as there have been a few rumors in recent months suggesting that Apple could truly be gearing up to launch such a device. Rumors of a 12.9-inch display on a new iPad model started to get serious when The Wall Street Journal reported back in July that Apple was indeed testing larger screens for both its iPhones and tablets. The rumors continued with other sources of varying credibility reporting that a 12.9-inch model will arrive sooner rather than later and possibly as early as the first half of this year.
Apple is also rumored to introduce larger screen iPhones this year somewhere in the range of 4.5 to 5.5-inches.
A description of the concept from the publication is below:
- The iPad Pro design is pretty close to its siblings, the iPad mini Retina and iPad Air. Curved corners and a flat back. Sound is provided from speakers that are placed left and right from the Lightning connector.
- Touch ID is integrated in the saphire glass protected home button, which was introduced for iPhone 5s.
- The screen is 12.9 inch wide and has a 4K-solution with 3,072×2,304 pixels (298 ppi), using LED-backlights and IPS-technology.
- Even though it’s wider, it’s still as thin as the iPad Air: 7.5 mm.
- The bigger screen with more pixels requires an A8 chipset with 64-bit-architecture.
- Apps for the iPad Air are shown optimized by the iPad Pro. Dedicated apps – labelled with “Pro” – use the higher resolution and performance of the all new iPad Pro.
- New pencils may fully employ all the features like pressure sensitivity. But don’t hold your breath for a multi button pen made by Apple.
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.