MLB.com at Bat’s iOS application today received a significant update in line with the league’s All Star Game. Today’s update brings live video coverage to the app along with notable breaking news alerts:
- All-Star Week 2014 events support with live coverage
- Watch the All-Star Futures Game and Home Run Derby live from Target Field
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers can watch the live stream of the 85th All-Star Game
- Breaking news live alert integration into news reader
- Overall usage improvements
MLB is also starting phase 2 of its iBeacon roll-out with new features through the At the Ballpark app at the upcoming All Star Game:
Fans attending All-Star events at Target Field with At the Ballpark on their iPhone (iOS 7 required) will be able to use iBeacon when visiting these attractions, offering a unique mobile perspective through original content automatically delivered to their iPhone. The locations in Target Field are: The Golden Glove; Twins Digital Clubhouse; 2 Gingers Pub; Target Field Ballpark Model; 573 and Herb Carneal Pressbox; Kirby Puckett Atrium; Rod Carew Atrium; The Townball Tavern; and Target Plaza.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.