Box for iPhone and iPad – an app designed to allow convenient access to more than 100 document types in the cloud – has been updated to allow unlocking via Touch ID and given a bunch of new features designed to make it easier to use.
Touch ID support should make a big difference to heavy users, who the company says typically use the app 50 times a day.
A Notification Center widget makes Box significantly more convenient, allowing you to view recent files and add new notes. A new Favorites feature allows fast access to frequently-needed files without having to load them into the app first.
What’s New in Version 3.5.0
- Now use Box from your Today view in Notification Center to quickly and easily create Box Notes, view recent documents and more (requires iOS 8)
- Use your fingerprint to unlock the Box app at the touch of the home button with Touch ID (compatible devices only, requires iOS 8)
- Add files and folders to a Favorites list for easy access without having to download any data ahead of time with our new Favorites feature
- In-folder search capabilities
- Box Bookmarks are now accessible
- Support for previewing password protected Office and iWork files
- Automatic photo upload for Personal Pro subscribers and Enterprise users
- Additional stability improvements and bug fixes
Box for iOS is a free download from iTunes, with 10GB of storage included. An in-app purchase of $79 a year for the Pro version boosts storage to 100GB and allows individual files of up to 5GB to be uploaded.