HomeKit, Apple’s framework for connecting automation accessories and Siri together, is already proving to be a big hit at CES 2015. Today home automation company Insteon unveiled its own HomeKit plans as part of the Consumer Electronics Show. Specifically, Insteon announced its new app that will support the automation framework allowing you to control any HomeKit-enabled device. Additionally, the company announced its new HomeKit-enabled Insteon Hub.
With the latest Insteon Hub, Insteon customers will be able to add HomeKit functionality to existing Insteon products like lights, switches, thermostats, and more. This means you can use HomeKit apps or even Siri to give control your automation appliances making the process easier and more functional than before. The company says its HomeKit-enabled Insteon Hub will be priced at $149.99 and is available for pre-order.
As for Insteon’s newly announced app built with HomeKit, the company highlights the following features:
- Control HomeKit-enabled lights, door locks, color-changing bulbs, garage door openers, thermostats and any other HomeKit-enabled products
- Control Insteon switches, outlets, thermostats and more when paired with the HomeKit-enabled Insteon Hub
- Easily add devices with just a tap
- Create and manage rooms, zones and even multiple houses
- Schedule scenes and set repeats for day, week or date
- Dashboard view for quick visibility and control
- Quickly create powerful scenes that adjust multiple devices
Insteon’s announcement follows news from other automation product makers like iDevices and iHome with the first HomeKit-enabled products coming to market, and as CES continues this week we’ll keep you posted with the latest HomeKit news.
9to5Mac’s CES 2015 coverage brought to you by: