Earlier this month FiftyThree’s popular Pencil stylus for iPad joined the accessory lineup in Apple’s retail stores, and today FiftyThree is unveiling a new gold brushed and anodized finish variant of its Bluetooth stylus. FiftyThree’s Pencil Gold color matches that latest iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 which are both available in gold versions, while the new Pencil holds the same $59.95 price tag at the existing Walnut option.
FiftyThree first unveiled the Pencil stylus just over a year ago bringing a carpenter pencil’s design to the stylus market. The Pencil stylus pairs over Bluetooth with the iPad enabling smart features in a number of apps including FiftyThree’s popular Paper iPad app for sketching.
Paper by FiftyThree for iPad is available for free on the App Store with in-app purchases. Many of Pencil’s features also work with Procreate, Noteshelf, Sketchbook, and Mobile Mouse, with support from more apps coming soon.
Pencil’s features include:
- Surface Pressure: Expressive from every angle. Use Pencil’s unique tip to create lines of any size without any settings.
- Palm Rejection:Rest your hand on the screen and write from any angle without calibration or setup.
- Erase:Pencil’s unique builtin eraser lets you try anything knowing an eraser is only a flip away.
- Blend: Use your finger to smooth rough edges and blend colors directly on the page. Create beautiful color transitions for charts, skies, and shadows.
- Accurate Sensing:Pencil’s tip and erasers are plated in 14k gold for lighting fast, accurate reaction.
- Lasting power:Pencil’s builtin battery charges off any USB port in under 90 minutes, and delivers power for up to one month.
- Settings Free Bluetooth:Bluetooth connection without settings menus or confusing pairing rituals.
FiftyThree says its Pencil Gold stylus is available for pre-order for $59.95 starting today at shop.fiftythree.com with orders shipping Tuesday, February 3rd. Pencil Gold joins Pencil Walnut ($59.95) and Pencil Graphite ($49.95) in FiftyThree’s stylus lineup also available through Amazon and Apple.