One of the biggest questions leading up to Apple’s event today was how much would the various models of Apple Watch cost beyond the device’s $349 starting price.
Pricing is a little more complex than Apple’s iPhones or iPads, with pricing for the three collections— Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport, and the gold Apple Watch Edition— all including various tiers depending on strap and case size combinations. Look at the entire lineup, all three collections range from the starting price of $349 for the Sport model to as much as $17,000 for the 18k gold Apple Watch Edition model.
Head below for all the specifics on Apple Watch pricing from today’s event:
Apple Watch Sport:
- $349 (38mm)/$399 (42mm)
The various models in the Apple Watch collection (pictured above) will be priced depending on the band and finish you choose. Pricing below is for the 38mm and 42mm models for each unless otherwise noted:
- Sport band $549/$599
- Classic Buckle $649/$699
- Milanese Loop $649/$699
- Modern Buckle $749 (38mm only)
- Leather Loop $699 (42mm only)
- Stainless steel link bracelet $949/$999
- Space Black stainless steel link $1049/$1099
Apple Watch Edition:
Apple noted that the 18k gold Apple Watch Edition models will be available in limited quantities through select retail stores:
- 38mm 18k rose gold w/ black white band $10,000
- 42mm 18k rose gold w/ black white band $12,000
- 38mm 18k yellow gold w/ black sport band $10,000
- 42mm 18k yellow gold w/ black sport band $12,000
- 38mm 18k rose gold w/ rose gray modern buckle $17,000
- 42mm 18k yellow gold w/ black classic buckle $15,000
- 38mm 18k yellow gold w/ bright red modern buckle $17,000
- 42mm 18k yellow gold w/ midnight blue classic buckle $15,000
Get all the details on Apple Watch availability with preorders starting April 10th in 9 countries.
You can follow along with our live news hub tracking all the announcements from today’s event.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.