Tweetbot for Mac has been updated with several new features and fixes that bring parity with the recently-released update for its iOS counterpart. A few additional Mac-specific tweaks have been made to provide a better tweeting experience.
First off, the all-new Activity view has been added to the Mac client. Like in the iOS version, you’ll find all of the recent favorites, retweets, and other interactions you’ve received in this tab. Quoted tweets also show in the mentions tab to help improve conversation flow.
Support for in-app viewing of videos from Twitter, Instagram, and Vine has been added, and Twitter’s native video hosting service has been added as an upload option. Images now appear in direct message threads, and the image viewer supports pinch-to-zoom. Another popular gesture, swiping back in profiles views, is also supported.
A few extra functional changes have been made for added convenience. Searching for other users when composing a tweet will now show better, more accurate results. The tweet detail view allows you to select text, and the “retweets” button on that view will now pull up a list of everyone who retweeted a specific post. Finally, a “scroll to last read” option in the View menu will let you quickly jump back to your previous position if you’ve scrolled away from it.
As usual, bugs have been squashed and performance improvements have been made. You can download Tweetbot 2.1 as a free update from the Mac App Store. New buyers will need to pay
$12.99 the new, lower price of $9.99.
What’s New in Version 2.1
– New Activity View.
– Quoted tweets now show up in mentions.
– Play Twitter, Instagram, and Vine video within the app.
– Pinch to zoom images or resize the image view window.
– Support for uploading Twitter hosted videos.
– Retweets button in the status detail now shows who retweeted.
– Swipe-back gesture now works in the profile view.
– People search popover has been simplified and should return more relevant results.
– Direct message images are now displayed.
– Added “View > Scroll To Last Read” to easily return to last read tweet.
– Fixed the issue where you weren’t able to see all list members.
– Fixed the issue where you wouldn’t see “Subscribed Lists” in the timeline list picker or column button in bottom left of main window.
– Fixed the issue where you could keep clicking on media and get many loading views.
– Fixed the issues with the selected tweet not being fully visible while navigating using the up/down arrow or page up/down keys.
– If the search field is visible in a column titlebar and you press “esc” when search field not active it will now be dismissed.
– When viewing a status detail view, you can select words, control-click, and look up the word in the dictionary.
– Improved memory management.
– Many minor bug fixes.