It’s only been a few short months since the 4th generation Apple TV with Siri remote was released, but it’s already available in refurbished condition from Apple’s online store. The discounts are slight, but they are definitely better than paying full-price: 32GB is $129 (Reg. $149) and 64GB is $169 (Reg. $199). Apple’s refurbished products include a full one-year warranty and generally come in great condition. Just last week Apple began offering refurbished 12-inch MacBooks for the first time ever.
We’ve seen a handful of deals for Apple’s latest streaming media player during the holiday season with prices dropping as low as $100 for the 32GB model and $150 for the higher-end 64GB variant. If you’d prefer to stay away from a refurb and are looking to save a few bucks, RadioShack currently has it bundled with an HDMI cable for $126 shipped.
(1) What are Apple Certified Refurbished Products?
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple’s stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple’s stringent quality refurbishment process.
Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:
- is fully tested (including full burn-in testing).
- is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
- is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
- is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
- includes either the Mac OS originally shipped with the unit or, in some cases, a more recent version*.
- is given a new refurbished part number and serial number.
- is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.