Currently shipping from the company’s website for $249, the Honeywell Lyric Round is thought to be one of the smart, wi-fi connected thermostats this year that might ultimately give Google’s Nest thermostat a run for its money. It’s Honeywell’s second generation of the product, but its the first in its line to officially support Apple’s HomeKit home automation platform. That means it’s Honeywell’s first to offer control via Siri voice commands, something that Nest is still a hold out on as Google pushes its own competitive home automation platform.
The Honeywell Lyric Round works with a companion iOS app that allows manual control of the thermostat, but the product’s main pitch is that it will learn your habits overtime and hopefully help you keep track of energy consumption and adjust accordingly to improve your habits. Honeywell gives the rundown on features of the second-gen Lyric Round including Apple Watch and HomeKit:
- Apple HomeKit and Apple Watch® – easily and securely control the Lyric thermostat using Siri, set up special actions, connect to other HomeKit-enabled products in the home via the Lyric app, and even make changes and check multiple thermostats using Apple Watch.
- Customizable Geofencing – consumers can create a custom geofence map and distance, enabling the Lyric thermostat to deliver “comfort when you’re home, savings when you’re away” with even greater accuracy.
- Smart Alerts – the Lyric thermostat can send reminders about filter changes, warn of extreme temperatures and humidity inside the home, and more.
- Intelligent Comfort Control – to make sure 72 degrees feels like 72 degrees, the Lyric thermostat considers temperature and humidity to maintain comfort, and can also work with your system to adjust in-home humidity levels.
- Custom Shortcuts – create a dynamic heating/cooling schedule, and set up recurring event triggers with a single touch of the thermostat or app.
You can grab the new Lyric Round thermostat with HomeKit ($249) from Honeywell’s website now.