Last week we covered 75 new iOS 10 features, and this week we are showcasing an additional 30 new features to be found on the iOS 10 beta.
It’s no secret that Apple’s latest iPhone and iPad software update brings some massive changes along with many not-so-obvious changes to the table. In this video walkthrough, we explore even more of those changes.
Below, you’ll find the full list of features covered in this walkthrough. Of course, there will be other features that we uncover over the course of time, so we’ll be sure to follow up with information pertaining to any new items found in individual breakdowns and compilation posts like this one.
Hands-on with 30 new iOS 10 features
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos
- Play Inline video on Safari on iPhone
- Quickly close all Safari tabs
- Search bookmark folders and reading list in Safari
- Drag gesture to open Safari split-view on iPad
- Tap and hold on a link → Share
- Swipe up on a photo to show related photos
- Smoother Live Photos
- Lyrics in the Music app
- Siri suggests what you may have meant
- Message Notifications when in full screen Digital Touch or App
- Handwriting in Messages when in landscape
- Clear all Notifications in Notification Center
- Search while inside any app by pulling down Notification Center
- New Look Up option replaces Define
- 3D Touch a 3rd party app to share the app
- 3D Touch a folder to rename the folder
- 3D Touch an in-progress download to cancel or pause or resume the download
- 3D Touch Folder with a notification shows the app with the notification
- 3D Touch now works on searched apps
- 3D Touch for Siri suggested apps
- Music can now play while taking Live Photos
- Calendar automatically fills in frequent event names
- Spotlight now searches iCloud Drive
- Markup now appears in the Photos app
- Home app shortcuts in Control Center
- Emergency per-contact bypass for Do Not Disturb
- Accessibility Magnifier
- Find My Apple Watch (technically a watchOS 3 feature)
- Optimization warnings when running 32-bit apps
- New Apple TV Remote app
When combined with our previous walkthrough, that’s over 100+ new features in iOS 10 alone. We’re sure there’s additional hidden stuff to be uncovered as well. Needless to say, iOS 10 is a massive upgrade over iOS 9.
Such an update is even more impressive when you consider that iOS 9.3 was a fairly large update in and of itself. iOS 9.3 added new features like Night Shift mode, password-protected Notes, updates to the Activity app and Health app, new 3D Touch shortcuts, and much more.
When you consider that major updates were also revealed for watchOS 3, tvOS 10, and macOS Sierra, then it’s obvious that Apple has been on a frantic tear over the last year.
Be sure to watch our other hands-on video walkthroughs for Apple’s other platforms:
Have you found any additional features that we didn’t mention in either of our hands-on walkthroughs? If so, sound off in the comments down below with your findings.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.