Today Apple released the third beta for iOS 10. As expected, it features several new changes when compared to the previous beta. Some of the changes reimplement features found in the original iOS 10 beta. Other changes, such as haptic feedback when manually locking an iPhone, are brand new. Have a look at our video walkthrough for the details.
Synology RT2600ac: The AirPort Extreme replacement.
Here is a list of items covered in our hands-on video. Of course, there may be additional changes that are uncovered over the next few days. Be sure to check out our initial what’s new in iOS 10 beta 3 post for additional info concerning this release.
- Keyboard sound from iOS 10 beta 1 returns
- New lock sound
- Haptic feedback on manual lock
- Clock in status bar on widgets view
- Send files to iCloud Drive from Safari and Mail
- Downloaded music label returns
- Image picker in Messages no longer crops images to squares
- Rest Finger to Open Accessibility option now works as expected
Subscribe to 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel for additional video walkthroughs
- New “Share <name of app>” language when 3D touching an App Store app icon
- Siri App Support panel in Siri’s preferences
- Your Library appears first when searching in the Music app
- “Subscribe” to playlists
- New text tags below video placeholders in Health app
- Now-typing indicator for GIF images in Messages app
- New hub section in Home app preferences
We’ll inevitably see less new features and more refinements and changes as we get closer to the iOS 10 GM. It’s early, but beta 3 seems to be the most stable version of iOS 10 that we’ve seen thus far.
What are your favorite new changes in iOS 10 beta 3? Sound off in the comments below.
Other recommended videos
- 75 iOS 10 beta 1 features / changes
- 30 additional iOS 10 beta 1 features / changes
- 50 new iOS 10 beta 2 features / changes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.