Apple today released the third developer preview of macOS Sierra since showing off the software update for the Mac at WWDC 2016. The latest release is available now through the Mac App Store. macOS Sierra’s headlining feature is Siri on the Mac while beta 2 turned on Auto-Unlock which lets Apple Watch users skip the password login screen. Apple Pay is also coming to Safari with macOS Sierra, although we haven’t seen the feature live on the web yet.
Testing macOS Sierra currently requires a promo code for registered developers that you redeem through the Mac App Store. If you’re already testing macOS Sierra, you should see the updated version in the Updates section on your Mac. If you’re just jumping in to macOS Sierra testing with beta 3, head to Apple’s developer page to find the promo code associated with your account.
We’ll update with any notable changes found in macOS Sierra beta 3, and catch up on our macOS 10.12 coverage below for all the details:
- Apple announces macOS Sierra at WWDC with Apple Pay, Auto Unlock, Universal Clipboard and more
- Apple announces macOS Sierra will ship in the fall, developer beta today, public beta in July
- Hands-on: New features in macOS Sierra [Video]
- Top 10 WWDC 2016 features from iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10 [Video + Poll]
- Download iOS 10 and macOS 10.12 Sierra wallpapers for iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- macOS Sierra beta lets Mac users rearrange third-party menu bar extras
- How-To: Enable Picture-in-Picture for YouTube videos in macOS Sierra
- macOS Sierra Preview Roundup: Mac catching up with iPhone & iPad, but many iOS 10 features are missing
- macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 2 for developers hits the Mac App Store
- Hands-on with Auto Unlock in macOS Sierra beta 2 [Video]
Apple also started public beta testing macOS Sierra with the previous build. Updates to the public beta usually follow a couple of days after the developer update’s release.
Also give us a shout on Twitter @9to5mac, email us at email@example.com, or shout in the comments below with anything interesting you discover!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.