Apple has released iOS 10 beta 4 for developers to test on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iOS 10 brings a refreshed look to Apple Music and News plus loads of new features to the platform. The software update will be ready for everyone later this fall, and we’ll dig through the fourth developer version of the iOS 10 beta below.
If you’re already testing iOS 10 beta on your iPhone or iPad, head to the Software Update section of the Settings app to find the OTA update. If you’re a registered developer deciding to start testing iOS 10 with beta 4, head over to the Apple’s developer page to install the beta profile. For non-developers, Apple is currently testing iOS 10 through the public beta program which usually receives updates a couple of days after developers.
iOS 10 includes loads of new features and changes including redesigned Music and News apps, the first Home app for HomeKit, a redesigned Lock screen and Home screen experience for widgets, tons of iMessage features in Messages, and much more.
iOS 10 beta 3, which was released on July 18th, included several new changes including a new Taptic Engine behavior when manually locking new iPhones, changes to Health and Activity apps, an App Support setting for Siri, and more.
- Hands-on: 15 new features in iOS 10 beta 3 [Video]
- iOS 10 beta 3 warns you if it detects water in Lightning port as Apple works on waterproof speakers
Catch up on our full coverage with our iOS 10 guide. We’ll dig through the latest iOS 10 beta and update with notable changes. As always, shout in the comments, mention us on @9to5mac, or email email@example.com with changes you discover as well.
Here’s the update:
- New Control Center splash page
- No new wallpapers (yet) but several removed + iOS 8 stock wallpaper returns
- Health app videos are still placeholder images (tweaked colors and layout)
- Folder animations are sped up
- 🚨🚨🚨Redesigned emoji characters with more diversity🚨🚨🚨
- Taptic Engine vibration when manually locking phone is gone
- Date section widget returns to iOS 10
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.