In this week’s top stories: iOS 10 betas, iPhone 7 leaks, Apple Watch 2, new iPad rumors, and much more.
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
We kick off our top stories with Apple’s latest iOS 10 betas, which received two separate releases this week ahead of iPhone 7 ‘s expected launch next month. Beta 6 for developers (5 for public testers) arrived at the beginning of the week as expected, and Apple followed up with an unexpected Friday release yesterday with beta 7 for devs and public beta 6.
iPhone 7 leaks make up a large portion of our other top stories this week, including word that Apple is eyeing September 23rd for a retail release of the upcoming device.
And we finish off with some rumors of what to expect from the upcoming second-generation Apple Watch– including our Apple Watch 2 Roundup— and one report from supply chain sources claiming Apple is prepping new iPads for release next year.
Head below for these and the rest of this week’s most shared AAPL stories.
iOS 10 |
- Apple issues iOS 10 beta 6 for developers + public beta 5 for testers
- Apple issues iOS 10 beta 7 for developers + public beta 6 for testers
iPhone 7 |
- iPhone 7 release date for carriers might be as late as Sept 23 after Sept 7 event
- As more Space Black iPhone 7 photos emerge, which color do you plan to buy? [Poll]
- Comment: A ‘boring’ iPhone 7 launch for insiders still holds magic for most
- ‘Reliable source’ says this year’s iPhone will indeed be called the iPhone 7, no iPhone Pro
- Comment: As optical image stabilization seemingly confirmed in iPhone 7, package starts to add up
- Alleged iPhone 7 assembly schematics seem to kill hope for dual-speakers & more
- Comment: iPhone 7 camera bulge a big improvement on iPhone 6, but iPhone SE still leads the way
Apple Watch 2 |
- Apple Watch 2 Roundup: Specs, Features, and Availability rumors
- Apple Watch 2 wish list: Fix the basics, double down on fitness tracking
- Report: Apple Watch 2 won’t include cellular, focusing instead on GPS for fitness features
- Apple Watch availability continues to deplete ahead of upcoming refresh
- AT&T boosting data plans, dropping overage charges ahead of iPhone 7 launch
- Comment: Microsoft just demonstrated why Apple was right to stand up to the FBI
- Malwarebytes reports new OS X malware that could easily fool less technical users
- You’d be worth $27M if you’d invested in AAPL stock instead of having a kid …
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac arrives w/ macOS Sierra support, standalone ‘Toolbox’ utilities
- All change with mobile plans: after AT&T upgrades, T-Mobile & Sprint go ‘unlimited’
This week’s top videos |
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks ahead of iPhone 7 launch about advice, AI/AR, and the future [Video]
- Clone Wars: iPhone 7 vs iPhone 6s vs iPhone 7 Plus rumored design [Video]
- Microsoft back to mocking the iPad in its latest Surface ad [Video]
- Hands-on: Uplift adjustable-height standing desk features real wood desktop options [Video]
- First looks at the World Trade Center Oculus Apple Store [Video/Gallery]
- New ‘AnsweringMachine’ Cydia release adds enhanced voicemail to iOS [Video]
Happy Hour Podcast 080|
This week Zac and Benjamin discuss Apple TV’s rumored guide feature, Apple Watch 2 and new iPad reports, iPhone 7 leaks, and much more.