A new supplier report out of Asia includes two details that may tell us a little more about the third generation Apple Watch rumored for release later this year. Digitimes points to industry sources in claiming the Apple Watch Series 3 will use a different display technology with shipments starting in the second half of this year.
- GPS chip for standalone fitness features and more
- Improved performance
- Enhanced waterproofing
- Same overall design as first-gen
Check out our top stories on Apple Watch Series 2:
- Apple Watch, New Year’s resolutions, and losing 50 pounds
- Review: Apple Watch Series 2 improves speed and unlocks new workouts, GPS performance mixed
- Nike+ Run Club updated with Apple Music integration, GPS support for Apple Watch Series 2, more
- Apple promoting fitness in January with month-long ‘New Year’ Apple Watch Activity Challenge
After introducing the first Apple Watch in September, 2014 and shipping it in April, 2015, the second-generation Apple Watch will be the company’s first major hardware upgrade for the device. Apple unveiled Apple Watch Series 2 at its fall iPhone 7 event on September 7 following a minor refresh in March 2016 with new bands and model configurations.
Catch up on the latest Apple Watch Series 2 stories below.