This week Benjamin and Zac catch up on new Apple exec interviews, Apple TV’s rumored guide feature, Apple Watch 2 plans, iPhone 7 details, 2017/2018 iPad rumors, and the latest MacBook details. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
9to5Mac Happy Hour
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- In new interviews, Eddy Cue explains why Apple launched a public beta for iOS, as Tim Cook outlines future ambitions
- Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi discuss Apple Maps’ problems, crowdsourcing data from user behavior, product innovation and more
- Apple reportedly developing universal TV guide for streaming channels across Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad
- Twitter in talks with Apple to launch Apple TV app featuring free live streaming of NFL games
- KGI: New Apple Watch 2 coming late 2016 with GPS, better waterproofing and improved performance, retain same design
- Apple Watch 2 wish list: Fix the basics, double down on fitness tracking
- Apple says opening up iPhone NFC would ‘fundamentally diminish’ security as Australian banks resist Apple Pay
- iPhone 7 release date for carriers might be as late as September 23 after rumored September 7 event
- KGI: Apple to introduce three new iPads in 2017 including a 10.5 inch iPad Pro, new ‘flexible OLED’ iPad for 2018
- Om Malik on Apple’s upcoming Planet of the Apps: ‘Apple should be building better products, not stupid TV shows around those products”
- New MacBook Pros: smaller footprint; thinner but not wedge-shaped; bigger trackpad, AMD graphics option, more