In this week’s top stories: MacBook Pro reviews, iOS 10.2 beta 3, iPhone 8 OLED reports, Apple’s new design book, and we go hands-on with the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar in this week’s top video…
We kick things off with our MacBook Pro review as the device officially goes on sale at Apple Stores and arrives to preorder customers this week. We also give you our MacBook Pro external display explainer with the rundown on what you need for 4K, 5K, adapters & other requirements.
Apple releases iOS 10.2 beta 3 with a new ‘Love’ Messages screen effect and the Videos app hidden by default. The latest iPhone 8 reports detail plans for a new 5.2-inch OLED model alongside updated 4.7 and 5.5-inch LCD models. And Apple releases a $199/$299 hardbound book covering 20 years of Apple product design.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar teardown reveals speaker grilles are only cosmetic
- Why Apple had to use AMD GPUs in the 15″ MacBook Pro
- Touch Bar MacBook Pro models have non-upgradeable SSDs, seemingly under-sized batteries
- Send in the Clones: If Apple doesn’t want to innovate the desktop Mac, it should let others
- MacBook Pro Review Roundup: mixed reviews on performance, potential for Touch Bar
- Apple’s new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar will be in stock, available to try at Apple Stores this week
- MacBook Pro Diary: It’s the end of the line for upgradable MacBooks
- MacBook Pro external display support explained: 4K, 5K, adapters & other requirements
iOS 10 | iPhone |
- Apple releases iOS 10.2 beta 3: New ‘Love’ Messages screen effect, SOS India-only, Videos hidden
- iPhone 8: No OLED display expected on 4.7-inch and some 5.5-inch models…
- Report: iPhone 7 adoption higher than iPhone 6s launch, Android switchers as high as 18%
- Latest AirPods release date hint expects launch next month for Apple’s wireless earphones
- KGI: Apple planning one 5.2-inch OLED iPhone 8 + 4.7-inch & 5.5-inch LCD models
- Nintendo’s Super Mario Run for iPhone and iPad now has a release date and price
- Microsoft’s Visual Studio developer environment coming to the Mac this week
- Apple releases $199/$299 hardbound book covering 20 years of Apple product design
- Report: Apple asked Foxconn & Pegatron to investigate manufacturing iPhones in the U.S.
This week’s top videos |
- Hands-on impressions: 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar [Video]
- Video: Jony Ive discusses motivation behind new Apple design photo book
Happy Hour Podcast 094|
This week Zac and Benjamin discuss Jony Ive’s new Apple design book, MacBook Pro Touch Bar first impressions, and much more.