This week Benjamin and Zac talk about one week with the new MacBook Pro and Touch Bar, Jony Ive’s Christmas tree design, Apple’s latest holiday ad, the surprise Apple Watch activity challenge, and the fate of AirPort routers. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Sony releases PlayStation Vue app on Apple TV for live channel streaming
- Hands-on with the $199/$299 ‘Designed by Apple in California’ book [Video]
- Claridges hotel unveils Christmas tree festive installation designed by Jony Ive and Marc Newson
- Apple shares new ‘Frankie’s Holiday’ ad featuring iPhone-toting Frankenstein
- Apple releases ‘Bulbs’ TV ad featuring the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, a “tool for all the ideas to come”
- Apple debuts new Apple Music ad starring Drake as it ramps up marketing for holiday season
- Apple Watch has a special Thanksgiving Activity achievement, run/walk 5K on Nov 24 to earn unique award + iMessage sticker
- Pokémon Go hosting latest in-game event during Thanksgiving week, action bonuses starting November 23
- Apple reportedly stops developing AirPort WiFi router products, moving employees to other projects
- Apple teases upcoming Black Friday ‘one-day shopping event,’ suggesting possible return of discounts
- Latest AirPods release date hint expects launch next month for Apple’s wireless earphones
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.