We’ve been rounding up the best Apple Black Friday deals for the past few weeks but we got a surprise today. Apple let us know earlier that it would have a ‘one-day shopping event’ – Applespeak for Black Friday sale – and the deals have now gone live in Australia and New Zealand. I wrote earlier that we weren’t expecting too much, and that has sadly been confirmed.
Apple is offering gift cards with a selection of purchases. These range from Aus$35 ($25) when you buy an Apple Watch or Apple TV, through to Aus$200 ($150) on a Mac – but there’s a sting in the tail …
The gift card deals don’t apply to the latest products. The iPhone deal excludes the iPhone 7, the Watch doesn’t include the Series 2 and the Mac deal excludes the latest Touch Bar models (though does include the 2016 13-inch model without Touch Bar).
So basically, it’s up to Aus$200 ($150) on products you probably already bought or don’t want to buy.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- Aus$35 ($25) on Apple Watch series 1
- Aus$35 ($25) on Apple TV
- Aus$75 ($50) on iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus
- Aus$140 ($100) on iPad Pro (both sizes)/Air 2/mini 4
- Aus$200 ($150) on the older Macs shown below
The eligible Macs are:
- 12-inch MacBook
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (non-Touch Bar model only)
- 15-inch MacBook Pro (old model only)
- MacBook Air
- Mac Pro