As Black Friday approaches, the 9to5Toys team has been working diligently to find the best deals leading up to the biggest deal day of the year. While the Toys team covers all of the big deals and new gear from the retailers you trust, we’re paying particular attention to Apple Deals here.
First, you’ll want to be sure that you’re following 9to5Toys on Twitter, RSS and Facebook for all of the latest deals as they pop up. This is important because retailers have gotten tricky with their Black Friday deals and the best deals often only last minutes at a time. Second, you don’t want to leave your computer on Black Friday. The best deals are online. Waiting in lines and wrestling HDTVs from Black Friday Deal shoppers is for suckers.
As you likely know, Apple rarely does Black Friday deals (although that may be changing!). However, third-party retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, B&H, eBay, Walmart, Target and others are offering aggressive discounts. Head below for a look at our top picks for the season so far…
Apple opted to not refresh its iPad lineup this fall, so much of its offerings are available at a discount this holiday season. iPad Pro and iPad mini 4 are bound to be the most sought after of the lot. Discounts vary by retailers, but you’re likely to find some savings this week.
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch: from $449 (Reg. $599+) | Target
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch: from $474 (Reg. $599+) | Best Buy
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi 256GB: $650 (Reg. $999) | eBay
- Cyber Monday Deal
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi 32GB (cert. refurb): $549 (Orig. $799) | Amazon
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch Wi-Fi+Cell 32GB: $480 (Reg. $630) | Verizon
- requires two-year contract
- iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi: from $274 (Reg. $399+) | Target
- iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi: from $275 (Reg. $399+) | Best Buy
- iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi 32GB: $200 (Reg. $270) | Target
- iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi: from $225 (Reg. $349) | Best Buy
Now that you have a new iPad, it’s wise to invest in some extra Lightning cables. We love Anker’s Powerline cables that are made from reinforced materials. This 10-foot option is perfect for iPad Pro. It gives you enough room to enjoy your new device with out being tethered to an outlet. Pick one up for in a variety of colors for $18 Prime shipped.
With a major release just a few months ago, Apple Watch shoppers will not be seeing strong discounts on Black Friday. Although this list isn’t the end-all-be-all, we aren’t expecting much more than this.
- Series 1: from $198 (Reg. $270+) | Target
- Series 1: from $200 (Reg. $270+) | Macy’s
- Series 1: from $219 (Reg. $270+) | Best Buy
- Series 2 – Get $105 in Kohl’s Cash with purchase: $369 | Kohl’s
- Series 1 – Get $75 in Kohl’s Cash with purchase: $269 | Kohl’s
Outfit your new Apple Watch with some stylish third-party bands for a fraction of Apple’s official options. There are a plethora of options available including these popular silicone bands for $8 Prime shipped or this top-rated leather band for $21.
Black Friday 2016 is shaping up as a rare holiday season with few iPhone discounts. As you can see below, most retailers are offering a $250 gift card with the purchase of a new device with a payment plan. It’s not an ideal situation, but at least those gift cards can be used for other gifts.
- iPhone 7/Plus: $0 w/ $250 Gift Card | Target
- iPhone 7/Plus: $0 w/ $250 Gift Card | Walmart
- iPhone 7/Plus: $0 w/ $250 Gift Card | Best Buy
- iPhone 5s 16GB Pre-paid: $99 (Reg. $200) | Walmart
Best Buy and eBay are leading the charge on Mac discounts this year. We may see a few more pop-up as the week goes on, but this is what we’re initially seeing. Look for B&H to surprise with a few price drops later this week, in addition to its current discounts on the new MacBook.
- 13-inch MacBook Air 128GB: $787 (Reg. $999) | eBay
- Cyber Monday Deal
- 13-inch MacBook Air 128GB: $800 (Reg. $999) | Best Buy
- 13-inch MacBook Air 256GB: $930 (Reg. $1,119) | eBay
- 13-inch MacBook Air 256GB: $1,000 (Reg. $1,199) | Best Buy
- 21-inch iMac 1TB: $900 (Reg. $1,099) | Best Buy
- 21-inch 4K iMac 1TB: $1,270 (Reg. $1,499) | eBay
- 27-inch 5K iMac 1TB: $1,500 (Reg. $1,799) | eBay
- 27-inch 5K iMac 1TB: $1,600 (Reg. $1,799) | Best Buy
- 13-inch MacBook w/ Touch Bar 256GB: $1,700 (Reg. $1,799) | eBay
- 27-inch 5K iMac 2TB: $1,900 (Reg. $2,229) | eBay
- Cyber Monday Deal
Congratulations on your new MacBook. There are a few key accessories that we can recommend picking up to help complete your new setup. We love Twelve South’s line of MacBook stands that keep your new laptop out of harm’s way. Logitech’s MX Master Wireless Mouse is also a solid buy for working at home or on the road. It’s an Amazon Top Choice and receives great ratings.
Apple TV & Everything Else
Apple TV is shaping up to be one of the most popular products out of Cupertino this Black Friday. Again, there may be a discount coming down the line (perhaps from Walmart) that we don’t know about yet, but this is our list at this time. Additionally, you’ll notice nice discounts on Apple accessories at HHGregg, if you can find one nearby.
- Apple TV (4th Gen.): 32GB $112 or 64GB $150 | Target
- Apple TV (4th Gen.): 64GB: $160 (Reg. $199) | Best Buy
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless In-ear Headphones Active Collection: $90 (Reg. $135+) | Target
- iPod Touch: from $160 (Reg. $199) | Target
- iPod Touch: $149 (Reg. $199) | Toys R Us
- Apple Smart Keyboard for iPad Pro | HHGregg
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro: $90 (Reg. $100) | HHGregg
- $100 iTunes Gift Card: $85 | eBay
- iTunes Gift Cards: BOGO 30% off | Target
- iTunes Gift Cards: BOGO 30% off | Best Buy
- $50 iTunes Gift Card: $44 w/ coupon | BJ’s
- $100 iTunes Gift Card: $87 w/ coupon | BJ’s