Have you ever wanted to track multiple workouts with your Apple Watch back-to-back? Whether you’re doing something like a triathlon or want to split up something like two legs (or more) of a run or hike, follow along for how to easily track and organize your workouts with Apple Watch.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Another good use of tracking back-to-back workouts is for recording your warm-up/cool-down and main activity separately. Here’s how to make it happen.
How to track back to back workouts with Apple Watch
- Start a workout of your choice
- While recording the current workout activity, swipe from left to right
- Tap the green + icon
- Select your next workout
- Swipe left and tap end when finished
When you’re finished with your workout you’ll get a summary with up to three activities just like when you choose to track one activity. This will show which activities were tracked with a breakdown of calories burned or distance traveled.
Even though only 3 activities will show on the summary page at the end of your workouts on Apple Watch, you’ll see all activities tracked back-to-back on the Apple Watch Activity app.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to easily change the color of individual folders in macOS [Video]
- How to find a lost iPhone even when it’s set to vibrate/silent
- How to protect your iPhone data with privacy controls built in to iOS 11
- How to check your iPhone’s warranty & repair coverage
- How to use Podcasts stations to play episode playlists like ‘daily news shows’ on HomePod